Princess Margaret Hospital
Speech Pathology Department
The Speech Pathology Department provides a specialist service
to inpatients at Princess Margaret Hospital for Children,
inpatients at King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women (on
referral) and outpatients referred according to eligibility
Speech Pathology Department (Statewide
||(08) 9340 8514
||(08) 9340 8135
- Individual and group services for communication, feeding
and swallowing disorders for inpatients or outpatients
of PMH medical clinics.
- Second opinion consultation and assessment/diagnosis.
- Clinical training of Speech Pathologists in specialty
areas at tertiary level.
- Supervision, teaching and assessment of Speech Pathology
Neurological Rehabilitation Team
- Speech Pathologists provide assessment, treatment and
review of children in the following clinics – Acquired
Brain Injury, Spinal Dysfunction, Oncology, Neurology,
Epilepsy, Early Intervention Clinic and Tracheostomy.
- Speech pathology or joint speech pathology/dietetics
appointments are available to address feeding and/or swallowing
problems related to physiological and/or developmental
PMH Feeding Service
PMH Inpatients Feeding Difficulties Team
Changes to Use of Thickeners with Infants and Toddlers
Algorithm for use of thickened fluids
Instructions for thickened fluids
Modified fluid consistencies for infants and children with feeding difficulties
Children’s Cochlear Implant Program
Clinical Guidelines for Paediatric Cochlear Implantation
- Multidisciplinary team provides evaluation and habilitation
for cochlear implant candidates.
Communication Disorders Team
- Assessment, treatment and review of complex or specialised
communication disorders (i.e. voice, dyspraxia).
Early Intervention Program
- The Early Intervention Program provides Speech Pathology
services as part of a multidisciplinary team (which also
includes Paediatrician, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy
and Social Work) for children under 2 years of age, who
present with delay/s in development and who are attending
regular medical appointments at PMH.
- Individual, joint and group programs may be provided
dependent on the child's skills and needs.
Early Intervention Clinic
Cleft Palate and Cranio Maxillo Facial Clinic
- A full range of services is provided in support of the
multidisciplinary team. These include Parent Counselling,
Velopharyngeal Function assessment, ongoing review and
treatment and second opinions on request.
Speech Pathology Department (Statewide Services)
- Statewide consultation, second opinion and resource
Speech Pathology Australia
Neurosciences and Senses Health Network
Speech Pathology Teams
Private Speech Pathologists Association WA